Canada Code of Conduct
As it relates to the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry in Canada (Code of Conduct), we provide the following detailed process to assist you in reporting and resolving any concerns you may have.
In August 2010, the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry in Canada (Code of Conduct) was adopted by all payment card networks. The Code of Conduct sets out requirements to promote fair business practices and to ensure that merchants understand the costs and benefits associated with credit and debit cards. The FCAC supervises payment card network operators to monitor their compliance with the Code of Conduct.
Merchant Dispute Resolution Process
If you have a concern pertaining to the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry, you may contact our Merchant Services Department through a variety of channels:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Call Toll-free: 1-855-812-5191
- MMail: Payroc WorldAccess Inc, 6D - 7398 Yonge St PMB 902 Thornhill, ON L4J8J2
You may escalate the matter at any time by bringing it to the attention of the Complaints Officer at Payroc via the above channels.
To assist us in reviewing your complaint, please provide the following, where applicable:
- a summary of your concerns,
- details, such as the name of the person you were dealing with, the date the concern occurred, date spoken to our representative,
- copies of any supporting documentation (i.e., agreements, statements, correspondence)
You may also download the attached Complaint form and return it by email or mail using the above contact information.
We will acknowledge receipt of your concern within 5 business days, review the issue and will work with you to determine a resolution within 90 days and also provide you with:
- A summary of the concern;
- The final result of the investigation;
- Explanation of the proposed resolution; and
- Information on how to further escalate the dispute in the event of an unsatisfactory outcome, along with the appropriate form(s).
If we cannot provide a resolution within 90 days, you will be informed of the delay, reason for the delay, and the expected response time.
If you believe that our conduct is contrary to the Code and feel your concerns regarding our products or services have not been adequately addressed, you may report the issue to your acquirer of record to file a Code of Conduct Complaint.
For Peoples Trust
- Website: https://www.peoplestrust.com/en/ or click here for a direct link
- Email: email@example.com
- Call Toll-free: 1-877-374-9444
- Mail: Peoples Group, Suite 1310 – 95 Wellington Street W. Toronto (Ontario) M5J 2N7
Please visit the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada’s website for more information on merchant rights under the Code of Conduct for the Credit and Debit Card Industry in Canada.